Job Opportunities at Jumeira University (Assistant Librarian) Dubai September 2015 - Jumeira University, a private higher education institute, prepares students for professional careers in Business, Education, Health science, Islamic and Arabic Studies. Our core learning values are founded on Educational Excellence, Equal Learning Opportunities and preserving the traditions of our community. We provide cutting edge technology facilities, option to study in English and Arabic and provide separate teaching and recreational facilities for both male and female students. We offer accredited bachelor programs in Business and Islamic Studies.
- Categorize and classify library materials, including books or other documents.
- Consider rules of Anglo-American Cataloging Rules, Library of Congress subject heading policies, Library of Congress Classification, Arabic subject headings, MARC21 and catalog materials in categories of advanced specialized backgrounds.
- Input details about new materials into library information system (Symphony) .
- Check-out and check-in books at circulation desks.
- Shelving of library materials .
- Printing researches for students.
- Instruct patrons on how to use reference sources.
- University degree in Library and Information Science
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Work experience in a library setting
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current technology, software, and automated library systems
- Must have background working with Symphony Library Management Software
- English language proficiency
- Arabic Language is a must
Company Name: Jumeira University
Job Posisition: Assistant Librarian
Job Location: Dubai, United Emirates Arab
Salary info: -
Apply online: Click Here (GulfTalent)